I mentioned yesterday that this summer I’ve taken advantage of our area’s Bountiful Basket. It’s a fruit and veggie co-op where you can log online every two weeks and purchase at least one basket of fruit and veggies and then add ons: granola, breads, fruits, and/or vegetables in bulk. I am so glad my friend Dana told me about this because I’ve had a blast cooking vegetables I normally would have cruised by in the store. It has forced me to get out of my comfort zone with cooking, and with the add ons I’ve been able to stock our freezer with strawberries, peaches, and cherries for the winter.
Today’s recipe is Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies. My friend Ashley shared it on Instagram one night and one Saturday as I was unloading my Bountiful Basket and wondering how in the world I was going to use all the veggies this recipe came to mind. I’ve made it four times in 6 weeks – that’s how good it is!
Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- Chicken with skin – I recommend using thighs
- Whole mushrooms – I’ve used both baby bellas and white mushrooms
- Peppers – a mixture of red, green, and yellow
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
You can really customize this however you like. Leave something out if you don’t like it, or add something in.
- Chop your veggies. I use small red potatoes and usually just cut them in half. The mushrooms I leave whole, and I use baby carrots so I don’t have to cut them.
- For the garlic, you can either use minced garlic or whole garlic cloves. I’ve done it both ways!
- Add everything but the chicken to a large bowl. Generously pour in olive oil. You want enough to coat the veggies. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika and toss to coat.
- Pour the veggies into a roasting pan, spreading out evenly. Add in your chicken thighs.
- Brush the top of the chicken thighs with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This is so good! If you try it, let me know what you think.